This summer has been incredible! Getting #FullyCharged with all the amazing kampers and staff of K-1 has been such a blast but we can’t believe it has already come to an end! To wholly portray to you how wonderful this summer has been, we took a poll and came up with the Top 10 of 2014. These are the activities and events that have been highlighted from all the terms this summer!
Top 10 of 2014:
10. Slip n’ Slide – nothing beats going down the red and blue slip n’ slide on a hot summer day! The Komos didn’t just use the slide to cool off this summer, but they used it to put new kampers into their tribes at the beginning of the terms. Kickapoos slid down the blue side and Kiowas down the red while each tribe lined the opposite sides to greet their new tribal sisters!
9. Zipline – always a kamp favorite, the dry zipline and the wet zipline are two of the most exhilarating activities at Kamp! Kampers don’t get many other opportunities to fly through the air with such ease, so when a trip to the zipline falls on a cabin’s schedule you know it’s going to be an awesome day!
8. K – Work – there is no better way to gain points for your tribe than by working your very hardest in K – Work activities each day! Every morning and afternoon the Kuks and Komos travelled as a cabin to their daily activities to compete for the most points for their tribe in a number of different skill areas like archery, swim, dive, tumble, track, canoe and so much more!
7. Blob – the blob takes the cake for the best water activity this summer and thanks to our new K-1 pool, kampers got to go off the blob nearly every day! There is now an additional slide at the pool and a high diving board to accompany the trapeze and low diving board!
6. Coffee Cake – it is the breakfast of champions and kampers wait all year to enjoy this Sunday morning delicacy. But it's not just the coffee cake that gets the kampers out of bed on Sunday mornings.. Sunday means Chicken Letters to parents and chicken for lunch! Kamp meals are the greatest!
5. Party Barn – each cabin gets the chance to party at the Party Barn for one night a term and those evenings are never complete without a swing over the ball pit and a foamy root beer float!
4. Crosswalk – the Gospel comes to life during this night at K-1. This summer’s Crosswalk followed Jesus through different events from His ministry to give the kampers a tangible picture of what it means to follow Jesus.
3. K-Life – Skits, cheers, dancing, competitions, worship and the Word? There really ain’t no party like a K-Life party, especially this summer’s K-Lifes. The #FullyCharged theme set the tone for the summer and every evening of K-Life, kampers got to dig deeper into what it means to be Fully Charged by Jesus and not the things of this world.
2. Parties – K Marks the Spot, K World Kup, Arktic Tundra Konundra, and #iParty. It doesn’t matter which day it was, K-1 served up some of the best parties Kanakuk has seen yet! These evenings make for some of the most unforgettable memories for kampers and staff!
1. Trips – it wouldn’t be a real camp experience without the great outdoors and sloppy joes! Trip made the #1 spot on our Top 10 of 2014 because this is one of the greatest events of the term and a chance for cabins to really become unified! Not to mention the cliff jumping, tubing, and campfire s’mores!
A Top 10 list just isn’t long enough to explain how incredible this summer has been! If your favorite activity didn’t make the list… we still want to hear about it! We want to know what your favorite memory is from your time at K-1 and what you already are excited about for next summer.
Thanks for coming to K-1 this year! We will be praying and waiting in anticipation for you to come back again next summer!